Friday, June 29, 2007

Knitters Tea Swap goodies...

How many people actually get to do their swaps in PERSON???? I am probably one of the lucky few! For the Knitters Tea Swap 3, my swapee was Jenny from Flowery Branch, GA. I had the good luck of going to the DIA conference in Atlanta the week of June 17th so I asked Jenny if she was anywhere close to Atlanta and she was! We met up on that Monday, June 18th and went to her fav italian restaurant, Enoteca Carbonari (http://www.enotecacarbonari.com/), did our swap and ate and chatted. I have to admit that I was a wee bit nervous about meeting someone with whom email was the primary mode of correspondance. But everything worked out great! (And Jenny wasn't even as big as she described in her blog!!!!!!). Here are some pix of us, her, and the goodies (I took the pix of the goodies in my hotel room (I stayed at the Marriott Marquis downtown).





I was pretty embarassed at the sheer volume of goodies and yarn that Jenny got me. All I gave her was a sock yarn, some dpns, the requisite tea and treats. She even gave me a BAG to carry everything with! (OK, I didn't need the bag but I did have to convince my colleague who had driven down to GA from NJ to bring the honey and jellies back for me). What wonderful goodies did I get?

Well, I LOVE Timtams (these are the "Arnott's" biscuits in the photos. They are australian treats and Jenny managed to hunt them down at World Market!). The caramel ones have already been eaten and am now half done with the original flavour.

Ok, I digress. Jenny made a binder filled with useful info about Atlanta, ie. the yarn shops close to the hotel. She also included info about the teas she got me and the Moravian cookies too, a few patterns. What else? A book "Little Women", Twilley's yarn which I have heard of but never used, JaggerSpun Zephyr (sooo soft), honeys from her birthplace, handmade coasters, a great ladybug cup for Marlis, peach jam, teas from North Carolina, a neat foldup totebag (I love these things!), a notepad, a cool teamug, and a needlecase she had made! I was very touched by the thoughtfulness of each goodie. (And so was my husband - who also had a hand in helping with the Timtams)!
Thank you very much again Jenny!

Comments:
I think this is the SAME Jenny that had me last year. If so, she is a doll!
 
Oh my goodness! That is SO COOL! :-)
 
Looks like you had a lovely time swapping in person - how fun! :)
 
I find these swaps so fun and I just love finding things, so I often have the habit of picking up something here one day, something there another day and before I know it I had so much stuff for you. I love everything you got me and it was especially great to meet you in person.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?