Monday, February 19, 2007

Quatch...Saanen/Gstaad

"Quatch" was a term I picked up from my friend's g.friend the weekend between Basel and Buonas. It means "Bullshit" but nicer.
Here are some pix of Gstaad. I did not see any celebrities but did eat a delish apple poppy seed cake while walking around the town and bought a spaetzle pan and another plate warmer.
I wanted to buy a magnet too but refused to pay 19 CHF for a magnet.



The ski weekend was a bust and terribly expensive. I paid 55 CHF to ski 1 run, lost my mitten, and had to buy a pair for 130 CHF. But it was fun to hang out with my friends and their respective partners and speak German, French, and English all at once.

We stayed at a great little wellness hotel that also catered to the blind, located in Saanen. www.solsana.ch The food was terrific. Still thinking about the wonderful kaeseplatte (cheeseplate) that I ate: Vacherin, Etiva, Eiche Blau, some hard goat cheese.
We drove back to Basel quite early on Sunday so I met up with a co-worker, ate heisse marroni and had soup at Zum Isaak in Munsterplatz and we ate together at Erlkoenig.








Comments:
wow...you can speak german and french too? what other languages can you speak?? anyway!! your trip looks really exciting!!

cheers,
michelle
http://knitty-bitty.momo4ever.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?