Sunday, January 21, 2007

What the f#%$ ???? Do I need my hearing checked?

Yesterday I decided to drive to the Whole Foods market that just opened in another town, a significantly larger one, instead of going to the small Whole Foods near my house. I spent way too long in the store and spent way too much $$ but that's not what irked me. When I was walking and pushing my grocery cart to my car, some woman yelled out of her car "Move it, you chink!"

I thought to myself, wow, comments like that must be illegal here in this day and age. Had I not been so shocked, I might have taken a pix of her license plate and reported her to the police (?).

When I mentioned the incident to Richard, he was completely shocked.

What to make of this, I don't know. I don't think I can completely forget about it either.

Comments:
I just stumbled on to your blog & read your story. I am sorry that happened to you-I live in NJ as well & the only think that I can think of is that there are lots of stupid, pushy jerks in this state-and that its not worth you worrying about or feeling bad about it-its her problem not yours. I get it on the other side-people call me "white bitch" in my neighborhood more than once-I just stick my nose in the air & ignore them!
 
OmG! That is horrible! Are you by the West Orange store? It is huge and just opened up down the road from me and it is wonderful but that incident would make me mad. We've come a long way but we still have much further to go...
 
Yes, the incident took place in the parking lot of the West Orange Whole Foods.
 
thats terrible ... another jersey girl chiming in. I agree about all these overly agressive people. that leaves such a bad taste in your mouth. I am always surprised at ho far we have some as people yet there are still such bafoons walking around.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?