Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's a catastrophe! Shoulders, shoulders!!!!!

I went to a yoga intensive at the Yoga studio in Madison, NJ this weekend (started Friday night). The intensive was taught by a Senior Iyengar teacher from Florence, Italy. Gabriella Giubilaro (www.yogawisdom.com). She was fantastic but tough. She LOVES to do arm-balances. I swear if I practiced those arm-balances, I would probably be able to arm-wrestle R and WIN!!!!! We really worked on our shoulders on Saturday and she kept screaming "It's a catastrophe!" because we kept losing the rotation in our shoulders when we were doing urdhva hastasana. And also we were flexing our spine in uthitta trikonsana. One thing I am proud of is that I can kick up w/o assistance into pincha mayurasana.

Next weekend is the intensive with Manouso Manos. Looking forward to that but I know he LOVES to teach all the standing asanas and sitting asanas. Better be good this week and not eat a lot of crap. Definitely no wine cuz I don't want my cells to be drunk.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?