Saturday, November 11, 2006

Les Invasions Barbares (The Barbarian Invasions)

I watched this movie "Les Invasions Barbares" (written and directed by Denys Arcand) this evening instead of writing my application essay for grad school.

This movie is the sequel to "Le Declin de l'Empire Americain" (The Decline of the American Empire). Both were great movies but this one (The invasions) seemed to have touched me more. Both well worth watching.

On a fiber note, I went to the LYS this afternoon and pick up 2 Morehouse Farm knit kits. One is for knitting the schoolbus scarf: http://www.morehousefarm.com/KnittingKits/Scarves/SchoolBus/

And the other kit for knitting a hat for Marlis. She actually picked out the pattern and the yarn, it will be in pink, of course!

http://www.morehousefarm.com/KnittingKits/Hats/SuperTop/

I am already 1/4 of the way complete with the hat (knitting while watching the Invasions movie).

Pix to come when the husband returns from the UK. He took our camera with him.

Comments:
Do you like the morehouse yarn? I have heard it can be not so soft? I am always tempted to buy one of their kits as they are so cute.
 
The chunky morehouse yarn is ok but it is not that soft. I don't think I will buy it again because the fibers separate easily AND if you tug at it, the yarn breaks.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?