Thursday, August 31, 2006

My 2 days as a SAHM and Knit Cafe book

Hats off to all the SAHM out there. I must have lost my touch after returning to work when Marlis was 5 months old. Her school is closed the last 3 days of August and I was a SAHM yesterday and today. It is constant, no break, not even during her nap time because I am busy cleaning up the mess from when she is awake!!! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having fun with Marlis but I need a break. I guess it is the same for her too because she was thrown off her routine.

It is on days like this that I really miss not living in Basel. We would have gone to hang out with Jenny and Elia, played in Schutzenmatte Parc, rode the bicycle along the Rhein, walked on the Fuess path near the dam to get reflexology benefits, did a Kneipp foot bath near the Papier Muehle museum, taking her to the Marionette Theatre, the list goes on and on.

I read somewhere that it takes an expat roughly 2x the length of time spent abroad to fully repatriate. GREAT. This means that it will take me about 5 more years before I stop missing our Basel life and adapt to NJ life. How depressing.

I digress, I had planned a playdate with someone today but that never worked out because we (me and the other mom) kept delaying the playdate time until both our children had napped sufficiently. Marlis did not go down for a nap until 16:00hrs and then it will be dinner time and then bedtime.

On another note, I received my Amazon order this afternoon. I ordered 2 DVDs (My FAIR Lady and Once Were Warriors) AND the book "Greetings from th Knit Cafe". I flipped through the book when I was in Barnes and Nobles in Chelsea and really liked how colourful the book is. I also liked the patterns but considering how quickly I finish projects, I will be old and decrepit before I get around to knitting any of these patterns. The other knitting bloggers must be very quick knitters because they seem to finish their projects in days whereas, I am a "months and months" person. of course, frogging doesn't really help either. I really really had to frog my Hour Glass Sweater because I think I was off with the gauge anyhow and it would have ended up pretty tight.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?