Friday, June 30, 2006

Deliquent in blog postings

Slap me on the wrist. Have not posted since June 14 but I guess my posting on that date was not sufficient since I was suffering from a nasty hangover from karaoke-ing with my Japanese colleagues and drank TOOOOOOOO many bottles of Japanese-sake.

Updates on my travels:

Tokyo: I LOVE it there. Everything is soooo clean, so orderly, people are polite and helpful. Very thorough. Ask someone for directions and they will practically take you there themselves. I cannot comment enough on the impeccable and neat attire of my colleagues either. EVERYONE wore great shoes. Neatly polished. The food was SUPERB, wonderfully fresh sushi from Tsuchiji Fish Market. "No, salmon is not in season. Therefore, we do not have this to offer". I had FRESH wasabi with my sushi at the sushiya by Tsuchiji market, none of that neon green stuff. Fresh wasabi tastes nothing like the powdered version. Mild, and almost sweet. Itadakimasu. I LOVE the food there and bought some obento-bakko to bring lunches and hooked on to onigiri.

Hong Kong: Great food. Dirty compared to Tokyo but seemed somehow more real. Humid like a sauna. My skin never felt dry, despite not having applied any body lotion. Aircon was set absurdly cold, wherever we were. Seems like the default aircon temp was 16 Celsius. Visiting my relatives was nice. They really enjoyed seeing Marlis. As a bonus too, the summer sales were on and I managed to buy a pair of gorgeous Ferragamo pumps for work at 35% less. Many many shops in Hong KOng.

Tokyo too. I love UNIQLO for their jeans.

Knitting update: almost completed the back of the cardi. Knitted not too long on the flight. Got upgraded to First Class on the outbound to Narita so was able to sleep very well. Will post pix of my knitting progress later.

Took many many many pix (well my husband did since he was on hols there while I worked).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?